Tuesday 29 January 2013

Our Learning (Personal BWP) 1/29

So I want this blog to be a place that shows what Mr. Thomasson and I are learning about, thinking about, watching, reading, etc. so you can see what it's like for us to be "Life Long Learners" - exactly as we want you to be.


So right now, I (Morris) have been obsessed with a few different things.  That means my free time on the internet are spent on these things:

  • Mr. Thomasson and I (and a group of 10 of our closest friends) launched a website.  It's called the Flipped Learning Journal and it's a place to find resources for teachers looking to learn more about flipping their classes.
  • Switched at Birth stories.  Like this one.  Or this one.  Started getting interested in this after looking for a beautiful podcast for San Francisco Stories.  And I was obsessed with the Lifetime movie Switched at Birth that aired when I was a kid.
  • I've been on a Nerdfighters/Vlogbrothers kick.  Here are some videos by the Green brothers.  They started making them because Hank and John lived in different states and wanted to try communicating without any form of text (email, texting, etc.).  This was 2007 (I think?).  Now they make things like Crash Course and The Lizzie Bennett Diaries (based off the novel Pride and Prejudice).
  • I've been reading a few books: Who Do You Think You Are, about identity; The Brothers Karamazov, one of my favourite books ever, San Francisco Stories, about...well...stories from San Francisco; and The Fault In Our Stars, a YA novel.
  • I've been watching the TV shows Dexter, 30 Rock and Top Chef.
  • I've been learning more about website design, video editing, close reading, podcasting, and the novels I'm teaching (Death of a Salesman and Night).
That's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment